Saturday, February 5, 2022
Isle Casino Hotel – Bettendorf, IA
8:00 am Welcome Session and Keynote Address –
Saturday morning kicks off with the opening session and keynote address, “Macomb Ill’s Potteries and Stoneware.” Keynote speaker Chris Jonus started collecting stoneware in 1990, almost always focused on Macomb. He’s been archiving pictures, information and researching the stoneware industry in Macomb for 25 years.
Session 2 10:30 am – 11:20 am
“Latest Finds on Pottery Road,” Dennis Nygaard – Dennis will bring new information on pieces found in the Pottery Road area. Whiteware, factory decals, factory painting on pottery as well as new finds will be covered.
“Red Wing Dinnerware in Trade Publications”– Terry Moe & Larry Roschen – A new seminar that will include little known aspects of Red Wing dinnerware as covered in trade publications.
“The Shakers of Red Wing,” Althea Voth – Althea collects Red Wing salt and peppers-she now has over 240 shakers and is always looking for more. She will discuss the examples of different patterns as well as others not made as part of dinnerware sets.
“Unusual Markings of Red Wing,” Bob Morawski – Bob has collected a number of unusually marked pieces of Red Wing stoneware over the years. Take a trip with him through the collection of oddly marked crocks, jugs, and churns he has encountered over the years.
**** All sessions will run both session times. If you are interested in speaking at MidWinter please contact Larry Birks, Education Manager, at email@example.com.
Each year the Education Manager selects sessions to record and added to our library and available Free to RWCS Members. To see a complete list of sessions available on DVD and VHS please contact the RWCS Business Office or log in to the members-only section of the website to the Resource Page.
Guidelines for all 2021 MidWinter attendees:
- Everyone will need to wear a mask when not in their individual hotel room.
- This will include attending all RWCS events throughout the weekend.
- Members are also encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer, but there will some available onsite.
- There will be 6 ft. social distancing guidelines for Social Events, Seminars, Show & Sale, and the Auction.
- During Room Sales, you will need to wear a mask in public spaces (hallways, elevators, staircases). The RWCS is also encouraging having hand sanitizer available in your room.
- Masks inside individual rooms will be at the discretion of the seller.