The MidWinter Get Together is an annual event held each year in February. It is a scaled-down version of the Convention. It has all the activities – education, social events, auction, show and sale – of Convention under one roof plus sales out of hotel rooms. Members also take time to visit local antique shops and events in the area.
Whether you’re looking for a more intimate venue or you just can’t wait until July, this event is for you!
The RWCS encourages new members to attend the MidWinter because it is a smaller event to network with members, experience our events, and shop for Red Wing.
Location for 2021
Guidelines for all 2021 MidWinter attendees:
- Everyone will need to wear a mask when not in their individual hotel room.
- This will include attending all RWCS events throughout the weekend.
- Members are also encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer, but there will some available onsite.
- There will be 6 ft. social distancing guidelines for Social Events, Seminars, Show & Sale, and the Auction.
- During Room Sales, you will need to wear a mask in public spaces (hallways, elevators, staircases). The RWCS is also encouraging having hand sanitizer available in your room.
- Masks inside individual rooms will be at the discretion of the seller.
It has become a tradition for many members to begin their MidWinter fun on Thursday and even Wednesday evening with Room Sales. RWCS members set their hotel rooms up throughout the hotel as mini antique stores. “Room Sellers” hang signs throughout the hotel advertising their wares, room location, and photos of items for sale.
Friday is the first official day of the MidWinter GetTogether. Room sales are active and visits to the many local antique malls, shops, and shows are on the schedule for most members. Members registered for MidWinter are encouraged to attend the evening social to kick off MidWinter. There is no additional fee to attend this event featuring food and cash bar, auction, prizes, and networking.
In addition, RWCS Chapters have meetings throughout the day and members open their rooms full of Red Wing For Sale.
Schedule – Friday
Member Meet Up Social event
Afternoon/Evening Room Sales
Registered members kick off Saturday with the Welcome Session and Keynote Speaker in the Ballroom. Following the Welcome and Keynote, there are a number of education sessions. Just like the July Convention, the RWCS offers educational seminars presented by members sharing their knowledge, collections, and stories.
Lunch on Saturday is on your own. The hotel offers several restaurants and there are a number of great eating establishments in the area.
Show and Sale open in the afternoon in the ballroom. On the heels of the Show and Sale, Houghton’s Auction Service opens the auction block.