Red Wing, Minn. – Since the summer Red Wing Collectors Society Convention was cancelled, the RWCS Board of Directors knows members have been looking forward to getting together with their Red Wing friends for quite some time. So, we are pleased to report that the 2021 MidWinter event is going ahead on Feb. 26-28 as planned. The upcoming November issue of the RWCS Newsletter will have information on registering for MidWinter and booking your room.
The Isle Casino Hotel in Bettendorf, IA has held several successful events over the course of the pandemic and remains committed to constant cleaning, sanitizing and social distancing efforts to keep people safe. The RWCS has been working with the Isle Hotel staff to plan for MidWinter to keep our members safe and healthy and following all local, county, state, and federal guidelines.
MidWinter 2021 will look a bit different:
- Everyone will need to wear a mask when not in their individual hotel room.
- This will include attending all RWCS events throughout the weekend.
- Members are also encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer, but there will some available onsite.
- There will be 6 ft. social distancing guidelines for Social Events, Seminars, Show & Sale and the Auction.
- During Room Sales, you will need to wear a mask in public spaces (hallways, elevators, staircases). The RWCS is also encouraging having hand sanitizer available in your room.
- Masks inside individual rooms will be at the discretion of the seller.
To learn more about the specific health and safety guidelines at the Isle Casino Hotel, please visit their website: www.islebettendorf.com/health-and-safety.
The RWCS will continue to update members on the status of MidWinter 2021 as we get closer to the event. Please visit our website, watch your e-mail and follow us on Facebook for the up-to-date information on MidWinter 2021