There may be a RWCS Chapter near you
Learn more on our Chapters Page.
Membership is only $35 a year and includes six full-color newsletters and exclusive, members only, online content
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
RWCS is sponsoring an ONLINE AUCTION with Houghtons Auction Service!
September 28-October 6, 2020
RWCS Member Submission deadline September 21, 2020!
The RWCS Auction is open to the entire membership. Every member may submit item(s) for the auction. All entries are a FIRST COME, FIRST ACCEPTED.
COMMISSION STRUCTURE IN 2020
Items selling up to $100 will be assessed a $20 minimum commission, all other items will have a 12% commission.
RESERVE OPTION for submissions minimum value of $1,000 conditions:
- $1,000 minimum price on reserve items
- 12% commission on those items that sell. If Items does not hit reserve, the seller fee is $100 to the RWCS.
- The Auction Manager can reject the reserve option if the item has a value greatly less than $1,000.
Each auction lot submission:
- Must submit using the ONLINE or PAPER FORM.
- Each additional lot MUST have its own online or paper form. DO NOT PUT two lots on the same paper or online form.
- The Auction Manager will randomly choose from ALL submissions until the auction is filled.
A limited number of RWCS Commemoratives will be allowed from 1977 to 2019, no 2020 Commemoratives will be allowed. Chapter Commemoratives can only be submitted by Chapter Presidents for the most recent year.
You have two options regarding your items.
- For those close to Red Wing, you may contact Stacy Wegner at the RWCS office (Tuesday – Thursday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm), via her email, to deliver items directly to Red Wing.
- You may keep your items in your possession after you send the submission form. If you choose this option, you must give a detailed description and numerous photos, for the auction catalog. If you choose to keep your items, you will be notified who the buyer is after the end of the auction. You will then need to make arrangements to either deliver or ship items to the buyer, at the buyer’s expense.
Once your item(s) is accepted, no substitutions, altered or otherwise not in their original form will be allowed. Multiple item lots allowed includes RWCS Commemoratives or Dinnerware Sets.
Acceptable items are American Pottery including Red Wing art pottery, stoneware, dinnerware, or Red Wing memorabilia. Modern-day reproductions are not allowed. Example: New Water Cooler Lids, etc.
Lot Numbers: The lot numbers will be assigned as items are entered. An EMAIL will notify you of the status of your submission including the lot number.
Please remember, you are sending a registration form far in advance of the Auction. Be prepared to hold your piece until you are notified that it has or has not been selected. BE CAREFUL! If your item has been confirmed for the Auction but does not show up, you will forfeit your Auction privileges for 2021.
We strive to prevent NO-SHOWS. If you are in doubt about whether or not your piece has been selected, please call the Auction Manager at 916-996-3584 or email email@example.com We would rather have phone calls than no-shows.
PLEASE NOTE. Any items sent to Red Wing for the auction, WILL NOT BE INSURED for damage or theft. If you feel, that an item needs to be insured, please do so before delivering it to Red Wing.