Red Wing Lye Crock

There may be a RWCS Chapter near you
Learn more on our Chapters Page.

Join RWCS Today

Membership is only $35 a year and includes six full-color newsletters and exclusive, members only, online content

Renew Today


I purchased a stoneware container that is 6 in. in diameter and 12 in. tall. It has a lid
with Redwing stamped on it. The bottom has 2 holes fitted with washers and  connecters for something to screw into. No one has been able to tell me what this is, can you help me?

Thank you,


This is a Lye crock. It was used in dairy barns to clean milk equpiment.