Show and Sale MidWinter

Saturday afternoon of the MidWinter GetTogether is a packed ballroom a buyer and seller frenzy. Seller tables and booth spaces filled to capacity of Red Wing – stoneware, dinnerware, art pottery and so much more.

The Show and Sale is open to the public for Buyers.

Sellers must be members of the RWCS and registered for the event in order to sell. Please see information below to learn about becoming a seller.

MidWinter Show and Sale

Saturday, February 25, 2017

1:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Holiday Inn & Suites
Des Moines, IA

Stay for the Live Auction!




HOW TO BECOME SELLER

2017 Seller Downloads

  • Sellers Contract – new this year booth space!
    TABLE ARE 6 FOOT TABLES AT THE HOLIDAY INN
  • Sellers Floor Plan –tables and booth space available!
  • Show and Sale Hours!
    1:30 pm to 4:00pm – Saturday

    Move in 12:30pm – 12:45pm, Unpack & Set Up 12:45pm – 1:30pm
  • ALL SELLERS MUST HAVE A PERMANENT IOWA SALES TAX NUMBER. The application form is included with your MidWinter Sellers Contract. You can also download the form here. Please see below for more information about the Iowa Tax rules and regulations.

TYPES OF SPACE
Standard Table

Each Sellers table location will include a table size – 2 ½’ x 6’ and at least one chair. Additional chairs may be included as space allows.

Booth Space
Show and Sale booth spaces are available. They will be located along the walls of the ballroom and provide space for sellers bringing their own displays and/or furniture for sale. Booth spaces do not include tables. Tables are available.

  • STANDARD SINGLE BOOTH – 10ft – 6in wide x 8ft deep

****Sellers will have the opportunity on their contract to request up to three location choices for their booth or table space location.

 


SELLERS TYPES
Antiques - 60%-
Stoneware & Pottery or related items, 40% other quality antique items.
Items for sale must be 60% American-made antique pottery or related to the City of Red Wing or pottery collecting.  The remaining 40% must consist of good quality antique items, or furniture made prior to 1970. The seller agrees not to misrepresent any merchandise or to use the name of Red Wing Collectors Society on any items not produced by RWCS. Stoneware or pottery that has been repaired, restored, is a known fake, or is damaged, is to be labeled as such in compliance with RWCS requirements.

Souvenirs/Reproduction
Items for sale must be 75% souvenirs or reproductions related to American- made antique pottery, the City of Red Wing or pottery. The remaining 25% of items may consist of quality antiques, American-made pottery, or other items related to pottery collecting or period collectibles. The seller agrees not to misrepresent any merchandise or to use the name of Red Wing Collectors Society on any items not produced by RWCS.

HELPERS
Sellers have the opportunity to have ONE helper for set up, table staffing, and tear down. The helper must be an RWCS member and registered for the MidWinter.

If you require additional assistance or need a helper, please contact the RWCS Office and we can connect you with a registered member to assist you at MidWinter.

 


SELLERS SALES TAX PERMIT FROM THE STATE OF IOWA

From the Iowas Department of Revenue website

Vendors

As of July 1, 2016, the Department no longer issues temporary tax permits. Vendors who used temporary permits in the past should apply for a permanent Iowa tax permit. A permanent tax permit allows you to conduct taxable sales or perform taxable services in Iowa at any time during the year. When you attend a temporary event, such as a craft show, you only need to provide the event sponsor with your name and address, along with your permanent tax permit number.

https://tax.iowa.gov/form-types/sales-and-use-tax

What do I need to do? Complete and submit the Iowa Business Tax Registration form on State of Iowa website at: https://tax.iowa.gov/please-read-you-register-your-business

How do you file and pay your collected taxes to the state of Iowa? File and pay your sales or use tax online through eFile & Pay.  The eFile & Pay system is located at https://tax.iowa.gov/efile-pay

Have more questions for the Iowa Department of Revenue regarding sales tax for MidWinter? Vendors who have questions about what is taxable or how to complete the tax return should review The Iowa Department of Revenue FAQs or contact Taxpayer Services by telephone at 515-281-3114 or 1-800-367-3388. You may also contact the State of Iowa by eMail.

Vendors, sponsors, and exhibitors at special events, such as flea markets, craft shows, antique shows, and other temporary events should review the information on SPECIAL EVENTS – SALES/USE TAX PERMITS.

The show is open to the public and Free for everyone.