There may be a RWCS Chapter near you
Learn more on our Chapters Page.
Membership is only $35 a year and includes six full-color newsletters and exclusive, members only, online content
We are just a week away from the Convention and the excitement of Excursion Red Wing. I am sure many of you are already packing your bags and cars right now.
The RWCS Website and the Convention Supplement are your sources for all your Convention information. Here are the links to plan your Convention Experience:
Schedule – See the latest times and locations for all the events and activities.
Crock Hunt – Starts Friday, July 3 and runs through Saturday, July 11. Be sure to follow the list on the website to ensure a successful hunt.?? A great way to check out the City of Red Wing shops, eateries and sights. Download the form, grab the supplement, or pick one up at the sites. Every form received will be included in prize drawings.
Wednesday, July 8
- 7:00 am RWCS Board Meeting – Pottery Place Annex (watch for signs)
- 11:00 am – 4:00 pm Pre-registered pick up – Pottery Place Annex (watch for signs)
- Pottery Museum of Red Wing Events
- 6:00 pm– 9:00pm – WINE-ing for Red Wing Pottery Museum of Red Wing – 7:00 pm Live Auction
Thursday, July 9
- Hands on with Color Pottery Classes at Red Wing High School – With Richard Spiller $40 – spots still available
- Keynote: The Little Brown Jug author Ken Magee
- Shared Interest Groups – Facebook Group and Dinnerware Thursday afternoon!
- THE LITTLE BROWN JUG will be at the high school and available for photos!
Friday, July 10
- Hands on Color Pottery Classes
- Annual Business Meeting – 3:00pm
- Crock Fest at the Goodhue County Historical Society- 5pm to 9pm
- Open Vault Tours & Special Twins Memorabilia Display by Clyde Doepner
- Shuttles AmericInn, Pottery Museum of Red Wing, and Goodhue County District building
Saturday, July 11
- Show and Sale – Saturday, concessions by Winger Volleyball
- Banquet – Saturday Night at Mount Frontenac Golf Course– tickets still available
- Special guest presenter Florence Graham Tabor?- 5:30 Social ?- 6:30 Dinner
Other Convention information links:
- Auction – Thursday, concessions by Winger Volleyball
- Kids View – Thursday and Friday
- Young Collectors – Thursday and Friday
- Education – Great New sessions offered this year on Friday
- Display – Check them out every day of the Convention – Special Display of Excursion Jugs
Information about the City of Red Wing:
- Things to do in Red Wing – Coming to Red Wing early for the 4th of July or staying until Sunday lots to do and see.
- Directions to Red Wing High School – Download the map printed on your June Newsletter envelope.
- City of Red Wing Information – All the links to City of Red Wing resources to plan your excursion.
One last reminder; don’t forget to bring your red badge holder and volunteer pin! I am looking forward to seeing all of you in Red Wing. Safe travels!